Thursday, August 23

Bzz, zip, bzz...Oops!

Today I took the boys to our favorite "salon" for their haircuts. Hands down, Cookie Cutters does the best job on their hair. Brent gave haircuts a whirl a couple of rounds ago, but we decided to stick with the pros. Expensive yes, a quality job, yes...every time?

Big "brudder" got a closer trim than we expected...on the first pass over his head! He was in the race car, Cars the Movie was showing and he was jammin' to the opening song. Bzzzz... the trimmers started and on the first cut, the guard flew off the razor. Down to the scalp they went on the back of his nice thick head of hair!

Oops! She looked at me to see if I just saw what happened....I could only laugh, b/c I didn't miss any of that action and what could we do at this point? She was relieved that I didn't jump down her throat. I just imagined him with a bald head on his first day of preschool. Our guy didn't even have a clue...he just kept right on groovin'. I don't think he would have cared had we left the racing stripe...he never sees the back of his head anyhow!

I was just thankful that we already had summer pictures taken a few weeks ago. Preschool starts soon, but we're usually lucky to get a good first day picture anyhow.

She mastered the mistake into a quality cut and it resembles one of his buddy's hair, so it's all good for him. It's a little harder on mom and dad, b/c he looks like he should be starting 1st grade or enrolling in the Marines! I don't have a picture, but wish I had one of that "Oops!" moment. It'd be worth a thousand words and a few laughs in the future!

No comments: