Tuesday, September 25

Quotables

We know people highly suggest leaving thoughts of your kids at home while you're on a date with your spouse. But we just can't help but quote the boys when something reminds us of their funny comments. They give us a lot of material to laugh about while we're taking a breather from them. Can't completely get them out of our heads!

Last week I was making treats for big brudder's preschool class. I asked him, "Do you want me to put chocolate chips in the rice krispies, or do you want sprinkles on top?"

He answered, "Hmmmm, chocolate chips or sprinkles? That's a hard decision! Now if it were peas or chocolate chips, that would be an easy decision!"


Tonight we were watching a commercial for the "healthy" Curves cereal. The women in the commercial are portraying how much energy the cereal will give them...they're jumping really high in the air with huge smiles on their faces.

Big brudder broke the silence..."Mommy, do we have Curves?"
I was kind of in a daze, not soaking up the content and thinking the boys weren't either. I just knew that cereal does not find it's way into our cupboards. "No, why, do you want to get some Curves?" I asked.

"No."

"Does that cereal look good or something?" ...still trying to figure out why he asked if we had some.

"Will it make us jump really high?"

Whew!!! I was worried that he was checking out the older women in the commercial! :-)

And one more for the post...more to come later, I'm sure!

My boys have been spoiled by fast food for sure. Last year, I had a hard time getting home after preschool without a request for the Golden Arches nearly every time. One day I responded, "No honey, God didn't make our bodies to eat at those places all the time. It's not healthy to eat 'fast food' every day."

"Well, mommy, I'll eat it really slow. Will that be healthy for me?"

Hmmmm, I think he's on to the latest diet scam!

No comments: