Wednesday, June 25

"Donate" a recipe!

This post is coming from a girl who doesn't really enjoy cooking, but realizes it's a necessity b/c I have a family. My husband is quite possibly THE most finicky eater in the world (can I get an "Amen?" But he's growing by leaps and bounds in the "expanding your palette arena") So...finding a GREAT meal to make has not been easy for almost 9 years of marriage. I also realize that if we want to socialize, I have to be able to provide an appetizer/goody-of-some-sort now and then at a get-together. Baking...not my forte nor a strong interest.

Hopefully that preface served it's purpose to prove that I am not a great cook, yet even I contributed to my friend's work over at It's me...jen. Jen is collecting recipes to publish and send out to anyone that would like to contribute. What a great way to gain some fresh ideas for the kitchen. Who can't use a tried & true recipe every once in a while?

(Brent would like to ask that all recipes omit any cream cheese, cream sauces, tomatoes, green veggies, mushrooms...yada, yada, yada. But if any of the aforementioned ingredients won't be detected...go for it!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i would never have guessed that you don't like to cook!!! lol on brent's requests :) thanks for spreading the word!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this was your friend. I am contributing too cause she commented on a WFMW of mine. Small bloggity world :)

mconners said...

This recipe has received rave reviews from me and everyone I've made it for. It's got lots of guy stuff in it. Don't skimp or substitute ANYTHING. Let the recipe BE the recipe. From Jung Ya Postelwaite.

1lb cooked ground beef
1lb cooked bacon (sliced into small pieces)
1 chopped onion
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
16oz butter beans
16oz kidney beans
28oz baked beans

Throw & mix everything together.
Bake for 1hr @ 375 degrees uncovered or cook in crock pot on low for 4 - 5 hours