Sunday, July 20

Cute & funny

These boys of ours are such blessings and have kept us having fun and laughing this summer for sure. I had this goal of posting more frequently this month, but I guess life takes over sometimes. And then a computer goes nuts and won't let you login to your fave accounts. We still have a dinosaur computer to work off, but I don't dare try to upload pics/videos with it. I'd be here til next week. Therefore, no pics with this post. (I love to include pics...because I just love pics!)

Brent has spent much time with the boys lately. It's been so spoiling and has allowed me to have some shopping time and a chance to get things done that just need to get done. I had a doctor appt. last week and ran several errands that day too. Later that night, we were all driving in the van and our little guy piped up out of the blue,

"Hey Mom, how was your dr. appt.?" I didn't realize that he even knew what I was doing today.

"Great! Thanks for asking! I really like my new doctor." He melts my heart sometimes. My boy that is...not really my new doctor.

"What was your doctor's name?" He really wanted to keep chatting about this.

"Dr. Raymond is his name and he loves Jesus! That means a lot to us!" I said.

"Oh. I know a doctor and his name is Dr. Bob!" (The boys love their pediatrician.)

"You're right and he loves Jesus too! That's really special that both our doctors love Jesus."

"Yeah. And I love Jesus too! I will love Him for 100 days!"

Apparently that's a long time for a guy his age. He just makes us smile!

Then today, I asked the boys to help me clean up a bit. I was assigning them a task and the big brudder said,
"It would be great if I got to make all the rules around here."

"Oh really? What one rule would you make first?" I asked.

"You would be the one to do all the work around here." I guess that's his idea of a rule.

"Great. Then what would that make you?" (I was thinking he would answer "A spoiled brat" as that's what we tell them they'll be if they always get exactly what they want.)


"A dad."

Wow, how did he make the coorelation?? The one who does little work ends up being the dad? Hmmm....very interesting! Ha! Obviously, based on Brent's awesome involvement lately, he's not deducing that from our household. Not sure who else he's been watching though! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I love to hear the priceless things kids say. How great to be a little boy and know that one day you will group up to be a dad and have to do nothing:)

Unknown said...

sooo cute!! i want to be a dad :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! It is so much fun when kids start talking. Chloe is just entering that stage. I'm trying to write some of the stuff down but unfortunatly can't record it all.