Tuesday, February 10

Wake Up Call!

Since the new season of Extreme Home Makeover, we have spent several Sunday evenings watching the new episodes as a family. Generally, we budge on bedtime and make it a family time, since the boys surprisingly enjoy the show so much. They get so excited when the new house is revealed and the boys are pretty moved by the heroes' stories who've been chosen for the makeovers. But I think they've seen Ty Pennington yelling into the megaphone one too many times.
Yesterday I was checking over my breastpump to make sure it would still function after several years of storage. So of course, the pieces that you see here were all revealed and the boys were fascinated by them. I didn't tell them what they were for because, well...they didn't ask, for once! But soon enough they were running around the house using them as spaceships or doing their best Ty Pennington impressions, yelling "Good morning such-and-such family!!" into them.

"Oh boys...once you see what those are really for, you truly are going to get a wake up call of your own!"

I know the questions are going to continue to flow once the baby is here, just as many have been asked during this entire pregnancy. But it's been entertaining to see what sparks their minds and how creative & couth we can be with the response! Hopefully we'll have some news to share within the next 2 weeks and we'll see if the interrogation tapers off a bit.

4 comments:

the mama said...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious!!

Unknown said...

so funny! dave and i both got a kick out of that story :)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was going to fall out of my chair laughing so hard!!!

Ja Yung said...

Hilarious! I can't wait to hear what the boys have to say once Mommy jeopardizes the time with their megaphones. :)