Tuesday, December 18

Faith of a child

Yesterday I was cleaning the boys' fish tank and noticed a sickly fish. He was really struggling to keep swimming. To top if off, while I was cleaning, I accidentally sucked his head up in the junk-sucker. (true accident) I squeezed him out of that, only to see him struggle harder to even stay upright. After a few seconds, he turned upside down and began to "rest." You could still see him move, but I was convinced he was a goner.

I felt so horrible and told the boys that one of their fish might have died. I apologized to them, because I helped him along in the process. They were full of curiosity and wanted to watch him. Braden still had faith though. "Mommy, he's still moving!!"

"Yes, honey, but he's floating upside down."

It challenged me to teach the boys to pray for this seemingly small (and stinky) issue. "Dear Jesus, please heal our fish and save him. We don't want to flush him." (I think the boys secretly DID want to experience flushing a fish. They thought he might get flushed to the ocean, thanks to Nemo)

Don't you know that Jesus answered!!!!!
When Daddy came home last night, we reported our fatality to him and he went up to look. He said that fish is STILL alive! He looks healthier than when I started sucking his brains out yesterday!
Amazing that Jesus cares about our stinky, small fish that was ready to be flushed down the toilet. I LOVE that my boys can witness Jesus caring so much for our needs...not to mention teach me a thing or 2 while He's doing it! Thank you Jesus!

No comments: