Wednesday, December 26

Mommy University

On our way to my parents yesterday, Braden was snuggling with his new Webkin, Hoppy. He's a frog, in case you'd never figure it out. He asked, "Mommy, when I go to college, will I pack everything up?" (He wanted to secure a spot for Hoppy in his belongings.)

"Well, when are you going to college?"

"Maybe when I'm 7 or 8 or 9."

"How about when you're 17 or 18 or 19? Mommy went to college after I graduated from high school. I was 18 and Gpa and Gma Bailey and I packed up all my stuff in a minivan and drove a long way so I could go to college."

"Oh, so you could learn to be a mommy?" :-) :-) :-)

It's fun to try and help them to understand life before them. Life has essentially revolved around those cute, little boogers for about 6 years of my life, whether we want that or not. Thankfully, I was afforded a chance to study something other than mommy-hood before then. I do have a degree in accounting...will I ever put it to use again? I have no idea. I don't think I'll ever create the college-level courses on Mommy-hood though, b/c I have not won my "Mommy of the Year" award yet. When I do, I'll start writing the curriculum.

No comments: