Wednesday, February 27

Sendin' a message!

A few years back, Brent's team had a really loud fan in the stands. He was there regularly and sounded a lot like Dick Vitale. (sp?) He made his presence known by yelling "Sendin' a message!!!!" when Darby had a good play or a great basket. You couldn't help but smile and laugh at his boldness.

Well, this story is a fun one about God sendin' us a message. One about His love for us and His desire to make Himself clearly known in our lives.

When Brent and I got married we talked about having 2 or 4 kiddos. After #2 actually came along though, I was willing to reconsider my desire for 4! It was a tough transition. We realized that I had more anxiety that needed to be addressed before even thinking about expanding the family further.

But God didn't remove the desire for more children from my heart...maybe from Brent's, but not from mine. LOL. I have always loved children and played "Mommy" since I can remember. I understood, however, that didn't mean I was made to have many of my own. I did think about this desire daily, especially when looking at other families and wondering how they do it. This comparing issue was a part of my anxiety that God was asking me to give up. (Still working on that by the way!) I was becoming more and more content that God may have a plan for us to be complete as a family of 4. Nonetheless, I still needed to give the ideas to Him each time they popped into my head.

So that was our plan...when we thought, stressed, worried about our family's future, we prayed.

Our prayer: God, please give us total peace & contentment that our family is complete with 2 wonderful boys or give us a very clear sign that we should have more kids.

His answer: He gave us a very clear sign. As a friend put it, God overrode our birth control method. I'll spare you the details, but when it happened, it was a very audible sign...very audible, I will stress. You can read between the lines. Don't want to put thoughts in your head. (especially for our family :-)) But this is not about Brent and me... it is about God and how much He desired to answer our prayer and make Himself known in a very special (and humorous) way.

I knew immediately that we had just received our answer. Brent was confused as to why I was laughing and crying at the same time. "That was our sign!" I explained why I knew at that moment we were going to be expecting. It wasn't so much that I'm "in tune" with my body...just that God sent such a clear message...there was no question.

We are so thankful for this blessing and an answer to our questions about our family's future. It will always serve as a reminder of how God wants us to ask Him for anything and everything, no matter how specific. "Ask and it shall be given"...we asked for a message and God sent it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you are scaring me a little cause I am using the same method (I think) and we are about to embark on a 30 day sexathon (read my blog for more info). Anywho, I'm now a little nervous, but I guess we will be trying for baby #3 over here soon enough and if God wants sooner rather than later, who am I to argue.