Friday, May 2

Bugs!


We have some new pets around the house these days. The boys are raising ants! :-) They received an ant farm for Christmas, so we sent away for the ants. A few days ago, we received our ants in the mail. They came in a little test tube. I think 12 of them were alive, but some didn't make it through the tumultuous trip in the mail.
It actually is really fun to watch them make their tunnels or whatever you call ant homes. We've feed them hamburger meat & banana so far. What a trip! Thanks to my brother's family for the gift...it's a great idea! My SIL is always finding great ideas for the kiddos...she's so creative and is great at fostering kids' love for creation and thinking outside the box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have about 50 in my kitchen you are more than welcome to.