Friday, May 9

His Grace is Enough

A couple of weeks ago, we were all taking Braden to school and a favorite song came on called "Your Grace is Enough." Generally, the kids are dominating the music choice in the van, but today, Brent and I had a voice! Amazing!
I ran in a friend's house to drop something off and Brent and Brooks had a nice little conversation about "Your Grace is Enough." Brent usually sings loud enough so that the rest of us don't have to be heard. The boys think that because he sings it that loud, it must be his favorite song. So the guys were discussing whether this was in fact one of Brent's favorites. They both agreed that it could be a favorite. :-)
Later that day, the kids and I were at the zoo. They were starting to get a little tired and they usually kind of slip into their own zone. As we were walking by each animal home, I kept hearing Brooks singing. Finally I said, "Watcha singing there, Brooks?"

"I shingin' my favrit song. Your graaaaace is enough....your graaaaaace is enough....your graaaaaace is enough....your graaaaaace is enough....." and he just kept singing it.

I loved knowing that he is listening and something is sticking. Our prayer is that he will always remember that God's grace is enough for him. It's so easy to get caught up in what we think works to give us significance/purpose in life. I am the first to get all that confused & jumbled. But after a while, it's so clear that my idea of what works, isn't working so well. It's so obvious that there's got to be One Single Source out there to define our worth and what we're about...can't be ourselves, as that is all so relative.

Thank you God for giving us worth through your grace...your undeserved love toward us. Help us to rest in your grace that is enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!! It reminds me of Chloe and when she one day said "my God". I was scared that she was taking His name in vain and then wondering where in the world she was hearing that. Come to find out she learned the song "My God is so big" in Sunday School. So we quickly taught her the rest and she will now blurt out anywhere "My God is so big." I think it is so cute and I totally encourage her to say that ANYWHERE! Isn't it amazing how much they pick up on the truth about God, prayer, Jesus, church etc. I couldn't believe how Chloe fell in love with her children's bible. I'm amazed as I type how at 2 1/2 God is something to her. I could go on and on with other things that she picks up on. Praying, she LOVES to pray specifically for people. She actually encourages me to pray for people. Well it just goes to show how smart our little ones are and we need to remember they pick up on everything so take advantage of it and teach them Christ's love. Hum maybe I should write a blog about this seeing how I used up almost a whole page for them "comment". Sorry! :-)

thediaperdiaries said...

Lily does this with "Mighty to Save" and "God of Wonders" I love it!! I was also glad to see Glory Baby on your playlist. I meant to recommend that to you and forgot.

Anonymous said...

Tell Brooks that this is also Grace's favorite song. She picks up quickly on songs that have her name in the words. She thinks the songs are about her - even though we've explained what they really mean. Everytime we're in the van, she wants to sing this song, so we'll find it on the CD and she'll belt out most of the words. I hope the songs sticks with her too and one day she will realize the significance of her name and know that God's Grace is truly enough!!
Fun Post Krysty :)
Have a blessed week!
Jenny Lusher