Monday, May 5

Story of Audrey Caroline

The story of Audrey Caroline Smith is not one that will die any too soon. It's clear that Audrey's family trusts in God's purpose for her story. (Thank you to Jenny for passing this along to me! I feel compelled to pass it along, b/c it's so moving.)

This couple, Angie & Todd Smith (from the group Selah) have been walking a dark path for several months, but they testify that they have not been alone or abandoned by the same God that walked with us through our loss. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how Angie & Todd talk in the first video about God redeeming the loss of Audrey. That is His business....redeeming losses.

The first video is an interview that was used by a pastor in the Nashville area during the series he was preaching. (It's about 25 minutes long) The second is one that Angie posted on her blog. When you have some time, sit down to watch & read and bring a box of tissues.


Smith Family Story from Matthew Singleton on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Krysty,
I'm so glad you posted this. It's definately worth the time to watch - for anyone! They have an amazing testimony. A reminder that God is ALWAYS good and can turn any situation into an opportunity to glorify Him!
Have a blessed week!
Jenny Lusher

Anonymous said...

I just posted this on my blog. I loved it. I bet it really hit home for you. If I was a crier I would have balled after watching this, but I fought to hold it in. You know how RED my eyes get, headache and puffiness after but I was truly was so moved. It was such a great story and the funny thing is I didn't feel it was a "sad" story b/c of the way they handled it and brought glory to God through HIS daughter.