Wednesday, March 26

I'm the biggest loser

Things have been up and down for me, emotionally, for the last few weeks. The hormone & other physical changes haven't been horrible, but slowed me down. We got away for a few days and it was a very refreshing break.

I had kind of a humbling experience while we were gone though...
We dyed eggs before Easter and Brent helped me measure out the water. I asked him to fill each mug with 1/2 cup water and I measured the vinegar and put the tablets in. After a while, we wanted more dye, so I filled one more mug with the mix. My mug had much less mix in it than all the others. We realized that Brent had measured 1/2 pint of water, rather than 1/2 cup. Oops! No biggie...but I had to make fun of him for sure!

Well, Brooks has been on amoxicillan for a few days. Instructions: 1 tsp twice a day for 10 days. Today, I realized we were running out of medicine. I also realized that I have been giving him 2 tsp. twice a day...for about 3 days. Oops!!! That made Brent feel much better about his measuring mistake and humbled me (and scared me for a minute) for sure!

I don't know what I was thinking in giving him that much. I will say I haven't been working with a full brain though. Don't try that at home...I'll be using much more caution in dosing my kids next time!

No comments: