Tuesday, March 4

Peace

The last few days, I've found myself singing a song taught "to the kids" when I was a counselor at Camp Forest Springs, in Wisconsin. That was nearly 15 years ago but it stuck for me! John & Diane Windle are a neat couple that are offering their talent & lives to share God's word through music at this camp and around the world! The song in my head is straight from the Bible. But it wouldn't still be there, were it not for their creativity. I can't imagine the number of kids that have God's word tucked in their hearts still today because of their fun songs.

The song: (no sound clips for you...sorry!)
"Peace I leave with you;
my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

Jesus gave this promise to His disciples before He died and left this world physically. But Jesus is actually here, being our peace and what I can cling to today. He gives a unique and unexplainable peace...the world we live in is not going to offer it. So I'm claiming His promise today.
A cliche saying...God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Today, I'm believing it.
Thanks John & Diane for helping me hide that verse in my heart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about the test. i tried to leave a comment this morning and i couldn't figure it out. i gott it now. so i'll try to remember what i wrote.

God's peace is truly amazing and only understandable by those who know Him. One of my favorite verses is Phil 4:6-7 and my favorite part is "...and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I'm so glad you have that Peace Krysty!

did you really write at 3am?????

Krysty said...

Karen - thanks for the test and the comment...this peace is not understandable without Jesus.
Maybe the 3 am time frame is the only time of real peace in this house! :-) That would be pacific time...I believe. 6:30 here.

Diane said...

Krysty,

What a joy to hear from you.

I am so sorry for the difficult days you are going through, but what a testimony your life is as you trust Jesus through the hard times.

We have been at camp for over 30 years now, and your encouraging words are enough to keep us going for a as many more years as God gives us!

God bless your sweet family!

Love in Christ,
John and Diane

Patrick Q said...

Hi Krysty,

Thanks for writing on my Blog... great to see yours... just noticed you went to Camp Forest Springs. My Uncle and Aunt are on staff there... Brent & Diane Johnson. Not sure if you know them.

Good to read your blog... sounds like things are good for you... I'm happy you are also a Follower of the Way.