Tuesday, March 4

Rest

Today went so much better than expected..other than the drive to the hospital.
Late start + Rain + rush hour + Brent's overly-cautious driving = Grrrrrr!
The dr. asked me what kind of allergic reaction occurs when I have a certain drug.
"It makes her mean!" Brent said.
"So then, we should give her some?" the dr. laughed.
"Actually, morning traffic already did that trick." I said.
All in all the experience was so smooth and very uneventful. Thanks to lots of prayers being answered.
I believe it's a pretty minor surgery, but I was a little anxious about anesthesia. That wore off perfectly and I felt so rested when I woke up. I told the nurse that women really don't need massages, we just need a good amount of sedation every now and then. Works for me!
Brent assumed the caretaker role for the boys and I went straight to bed once we got home. I woke up rested (and hungry) and a sweet friend from church stopped over 10 minutes later with my favorite...chicken and noodles, veggies and Boston creme pie. She needs to market her food for sure! Oh nevermind, then her price would be too high for us!(She fed us many times while Brent and I were in the singles group at church...awesome to be served by her still today.)
Able to watch an Ellen rerun this afternoon...she's not my favorite as far as values, but I'm on the fence with Oprah right now. Anywho...Ellen seems to showcase talent of young people often and this girl warmed my heart today. I'll figure out how to add videos soon, but for now...check out Emily Bear. She's a child prodigy and will amaze you and steal your heart too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you're doing well and it was nice to chat for a while. Um I think you should write on blog on being ont the fence about Oprah :-)! Think about it.....
ttyl!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, i'm laughing at all my typing errors from my comment. can you tell i've been on the pc way tooooooooo long?!? lol